Quote:
Originally posted by Kajun Ref N Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by ckrct5
What should/can I do regarding the inbounds AND to attempt to smoooth over anything that may have happened in the past?
Two things:

1) Tell your assistants that the next time either one speaks to an official, he's fired. Period. Assistants have no right to talk to the officials. At all. Ever. Period.

2) Try to remember that you're coaching a 5th grade league. That's not an insult or a put-down at all. Your demeanor is paramount around boys at this age. They will follow your lead. So if you get argumentative with the refs (which is doesn't sound like that has happened at all), the boys will adopt that same attitude. What is really important? Teaching the kids and having some fun in the process. Teach the press-break and look at it as a chance to get good at it.

If it really seems to be an on-going thing (and/or a personal thing), you can also do a couple things. You can respectfully raise the question with the official. "Is there a rule stating that my boys have to give you the ball before an inbound, b/c the other team doesn't seem to be following it?"

If you can't get anywhere with the official, you can go to the league director and ask for a clarification or ask him/her to deal with the problem.
What he said.

And what Whistles&Stripes and Rich Fronheiser said.
That's pretty inconsistant.

Chuck's comments were well thought out and helpful without any profanity or insults.
Chuck's comments weren't that much different than Whistles&Stripes comments, imo, except for the presentation. They both essentially said the same thing.

And, as for the other, if you think what W&S said is profane and/or particularly insulting, then you musta led a very sheltered life. That's just my opinion however. My opinion on this forum is the same as yours, in that neither one of our opinions matters. Whether I agree with W&S, and believe me we have certainly have disagreed before, it is still the moderator's job to censor, delete, whatever. It ain't up to you or me.