Old Mon Feb 20, 2006, 06:39pm

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
How retarded.
I noticed you haved you have used the word retarded in some of your previous posts. Is this something you do on a regular basis when you describe a ruling or play you don't like. I don't care if you have an opinion on the play. However, your choice of words to describe it could be way much better than "retarded".

That just doesn't sound right. I hope you don't use that word out on the ballfield around the coaches and players. I notice at some of my games, there are somtimes a "mentally challenged" or "physically handicapped" student in the dugout helping out with the team.
I can't remember the last time I agreed with PWL, but I do so now.

[/B]
I apologize. I meant no disrespect to any person with my comment. I am a physically handicapped person myself.

I used the word in a sentence, not directed at anyone. It was used to describe a ridiculous interpretation. Retarded is a word. It doesn't insult anyone unless the word "mentally" is attached to it. There are many forms of retardation in the world, as in "smoking retards growth" for example.

And no, I don't use that word out on a ballfield. I used it on an internet forum, in which it would be considered very mild in comparison to the usual drivel contained herein. I would never use that term in regard to a person in any derogatory way. Saying that something is retarded is an expression. I didn't say that the person was retarded. PWL should worry more about the shenagins he pulls on the field, and quit worrying about what a far superior umpire does.

And I have agreed with PWL on several subjects, but he never acknowleges those instances. He chooses to ignore them, and instead dwell on the negative, as in this case. I made a perfectly good point, yet he chose to point out a word choice. I would say "how lame," but he would probably come back that I was now insulting people who have trouble walking.

Not PC,

Steve

Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25