View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 20, 2006, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Has anyone got a minimum set of rules that will produce the 18 possible combinations for 3-person switching on fouls in the frontcourt? TIA.
Uhhh... sure.

Calling official goes table side, tableside official takes calling officials spot. L rotates to side where ball will be inbounded. I don't think its anymore difficult that that.
I'm looking to address not only the situations where the ball will remain in the frontcourt after the foul, but also when it will be put in play in the opposite direction by an inbounds pass or when foul shots at the other end are called for.

I think your rule is right for when the foul is in the frontcourt and the ball will remain in the frontcourt.

But what about when the foul is in the frontcourt and the ball will either be going opposite and going to the other end for foul shot(s)?

Here is an example rule set I think covers all the possibilities. Maybe not!

On all fouls in the frontcourt:

1) When the ball will remain in the frontcourt, the Lead, Center, and Trail report and remain tableside, the tableside official replaces the reporting official, and the Lead doubles the side where the ball will be inbounded.

2) When the ball will be going the opposite way, Center and Trail always push up, making a detour to the reporting area if necessary.

3) When the ball will be going the opposite way for foul shot(s), the reporting offcial becomes the new Trail and the non-reporting official who is further down the floor than the other becomes the new Lead, the other the new Center.