View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 19, 2006, 02:41am

Re: Wait right there,

Quote:
Originally posted by SAump
If the coach doesn't stop within reason, I would ask the coach to send for the field or tournament director. The third time it happened after my warning, I would call time and consult with the tournament director. I would ask that the coach be restricted to the dugout for refusing to take heed of my request to stop. I would ask him to place another adult at third base to coach the baserunners. If the coach gets out of line, I would eject immediately. I really don't need him there with a bad attitude.

I am there to witness a baseball game, and not these shinanigans. Its not my responsibility to control the crowd, and I can't have a coach enticing the fans to bait the poor pitcher or the fans of the losing team. I would also request that the tournament director talk to the losing coach and a parent during the game. With this suppport, I would write a letter to the commish detailing the events that took place and the coach's refusal to grant my request. Without his support, I would probably just change clothes and go HOME and forget about it.

Just MOHO.
I'm sorry. I don't mean any disrespect. This is about the worst advice I have ever heard on any subject in the history of the world since I've been in it!!!

What the batter is doing by switching boxes in perfectly legal, doh!

I've been doing pre-game plate conferences for years, and the spirit of fair play never entered into one. Jeez...

All the way to writing letters to the commissioner, oh my!!

It's a freakin' baseball game for cryin' out loud!

You lost control of this game about the time you sent for the tournament director. You need to handle your bidness yourself, pardner.

I sure hope you don't think I'm attacking you personally by saying that this has got to tie for the stupidest post on the internet ever! (probably tied with any number of mine)
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25