View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 19, 2006, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Well then help me to understand what it is you're trying to advocate in each situation. I can easily accept the fact that I may have misunderstood you.

In the batter switching boxes situation. What are your suggestions on how to handle it? Are you going to put a stop to it or allow it by rule.

For the HBP situation what is your position. Do you want to call time and have a do-over? Do you call the strike and ring him up? Are you going to hold a pow-wow with both coaches?

Please explain to me how a defensive coach would ever like the outcome when his pitcher has to face a batter he just struck out because the umpire couldn't judge the pitch on a HBP. He's not. He's going to be incredibly upset and more than likely get himself ejected.

No matter what you think of my opinions there is no need for name calling. I've never cast a disparaging comment your way and would appreciate it if you would act like an adult when we disagree. I would think this board has had enough childish name calling during the time PWL was here. We don't need someone trying to take his place now that he's gone.

Tim.