View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 18, 2006, 12:00pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Ah, spoken like a 35-year vet (who got lots of love from the state office, BTW). You have my email address, you know.

Frankly, it doesn't bother me that much, but I don't understand why someone up 20 would throw comments like that towards the end of a game in hand. What purpose does it serve? Maybe the 35 point loss earlier in the week left him in less than a good mood.

BTW, I can't imagine BS (I've worked both baseball and basketball for him) ever saying something like that. He's never been anything less than a class act anytime I've seen him.

I don't know JB all that well, but I felt he was giving me the "rookie" treatment last night. Probably nothing more than that as this was only the second time I worked them. I worked them 2 seasons ago, but it was a blowout win against East. Nothing memorable from that game except I was working with the flu (didn't realize it at the time) and had a 103 degree fever by the time I got home. Was laid up for a week. Worked a really good game, too, considering I couldn't stand the next day.

Looked at the box score in the paper. 31 fouls last night. 9 in the first half, 9 in the third quarter, and 13 in the 4th quarter (no, that's not in the boxscore ). Guy I'm working with at Evansville this afternoon had 43 in his game last night, and he's a let-em-play kind of official. Must've been a bloodbath

--Rich

PS - Remember the 5 D's -- dodge, dip, duck, dive, and dodge!

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Feb 18th, 2006 at 12:04 PM]