Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 07:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
In FED, they are required to pick a box they want to bat from and stay there for the duration of the at bat. The exception being, if the defense brings in another pitcher and he decides he wants switch around. Say the batter is a switcher hitter and they replace a right hander with a left hander. He cannot switch just for the sake of switching. This was the way it was explained to me.

The rule is there, but I was told to grant this exception to the batter.
Back to creating rules from thin air I see.

Please find this exact rule in your book and post it here. If you're correct, I'll mail you money.

And he CAN switch just for the sake of switching, as long as he doesn't do it while the pitcher is ready to pitch.
Try 7-3-1. To me, it implies there are only certain times the batter may leave the box, and when he doesn't he must keep one foot in the box. So explain to me how he can switch just for the sake of switching whenever he wants.

You only penalize if he leaves the box and delays the game. But one of the exceptions is when time is called. If Fed was as restrictive as you say, the batter could still manage to switch by requesting time. As long as the pitcher isn't ready, you'd be hard pressed not to grant it. But if you wanted to keep him in there, you're still going to kill the ball sometimes, right, like foul balls. Than how do you prevent a switch?

Mike