View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Switching subjects to what?

This was your first question.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
This ruling is using a base runner. Why is everybody referring to the player as a batter or batter/runner?

I made this response to show you exactly why we were referring to him as a batter-runner.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56
Because that's what a batter is after he completes his time at bat. Duh.......

Tim.
Then you came up with this tripe.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Where in the ruling does it say the batter completed his time at bat?

I bet you got wore out in dodgeball!!!! [/B]
Now, admittedly I didn't respond to your dumb query because NFUmp beat me to it with his response.

Quote:
Originally posted by NFump
I guess you mean where in the original sitch. That would be the part where he wrote:

Pro-Rules:
Runner on third base. Count is 3-0 to the batter. Ball 4 is issued to the batter. Umpire calls ball 4 and the batter throws his bat to the dugout while standing in the batters box. In the process of doing that the catcher pops up and throws the ball down to 3rd base to try to pick off the runner. Right after the catcher throws the ball, the ball hits the bat in mid air and the ball falls to the ground a few feet from the catcher. The batter runs to first and the runner on third comes home to score.

Does this clear it up for you, PWL?

Your next gem.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
This is what I'm talking about. At no time does said poster mention base runner threw bat or helmet.
He did mention batter in his initial post. However, any umpire worth the elastic in his jock knows that on ball four a batter becomes a batter-runner.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Now, I understand the original play and what is being talked about. Does the ruling mention a batter? No.
Why would a ruling that applies to a runner throwing his bat at a thrown ball need to mention a batter? You're still showing here that you just don't understand the rules, and obviously you don't understand the original play.

Next.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
That's why I'm asking. Does the PBUC reference this particular play for the 4:18 ruling if base runner and batter are meant to be one and the same?
Of course they're not the same. Why would they be? You keep getting hung up on the play incorrectly mentioning a batter.
The ruling applies here because he's no longer a batter and you can't seem to grasp that concept.

Next.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
BTW-A batter doesn't become a base runner when he completes his time at bat.
Even though you've been shown that the batter became a batter-runner after he legally completed his time at bat you still don't get it. For only a few exceptions a base runner and a batter-runner are the same. The BR and R1 for example only denote their original position on the play when the batter becomes a runner. I showed you a couple of those differences and either your too stubborn or too dumb to understand.

No, we're on the same subject. That subject is that you don't even understand the basics of the rules. You prove this time and time again. I'll leave you once again to your childish remarks and personal jabs. It won't change the fact that everyone here considers you to be either a joke or a disgrace.

Tim.