View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Thanks everyone. Great input. Here is the incident that caused me to start the post.

Situation 1 was actually the one that happened last night, but it got me thinking about the others. In our situation, I was BU and had a 2nd yr partner in a preseason scrimmage. We saw and discussed the tape earring prior to the plate conference.

My partner took the lead at the plate conference and mentioned the jewelry rule and what we had seen. After the comment from the coach, he made what I thought was an okay statement to the effect, "Well, coach, as long as you have taken the responsibility for ensuring it is legal and safe." We of course also asked the "is your equipment legal and are you players legally equipped" questions.

At the time, I was thinking I should say, "Coach, I need to check it out", but did not know if that was proper. Thanks for the reminder of what the case book says.

I think if this occurs again, I will say at the plate conference, "Coach, after our conference here, I'll let you check it to make sure the bandage is legal. I'll be over in a few minutes to check it out for safety."