View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
In FED, they are required to pick a box they want to bat from and stay there for the duration of the at bat.
A lie. Not a mistake. A lie, even if you misuse the rules you quote below.

Quote:
Okay Stinky, how much can you afford to send me. See Rule 6-1-1. Refer to Casebook 6-1-1 Situation F..
Did you even read this? Read it again. Has nothing to do with a batter switching.

Quote:
Try 7-3-1. To me, it implies there are only certain times the batter may leave the box, and when he doesn't he must keep one foot in the box.
Not relevant.

Quote:
In 7-3-3, if the batter does it when the pitcher is ready to pitch, he is declared out.
Correct, but only if the pitcher is IN POSITION (meaning stretch or windup) and ready to pitch. Doesn't say the batter can't switch between every single pitch.

Quote:
And if it continued to happen I would consider to envoke 3-3-1g: commit any unsportsmanlike act to include, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (please read book). I consider this to be a travesty of the game.
First of all, "travesty of the game" is mentioned exactly once in the rulebook, specifically referring to a player running the bases in reverse order. Too many bush league wannabe umpires use this as a crutch to make up rules.

Second, I've read the book... no where does it say anything about this act being unsportsmanlike. This is a judgement that you have decided on your own, with no basis.