View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
PWL:

You just don't have the wherewithall yet to understand that a batter-runner and a base runner are virtually the same thing when it comes to applying most the rules. They are runners! The batter-runner is still a batter-runner as he comes into second on a clean double. At the end of continuing action and when a new batter steps in the box he then becomes R2.

For interference and obstruction there a few additional rules for a batter-runner in OBR.

Interference for example on a runing lane violation applies only to a batter-runner. And, of course on obstruction you have type A obstruction on a batter-runner not being played on before he reaches first base when for others you have type B when no play is being made.

Then there are some interpretational differences such as desertion ~vs~ abandonment, and no run scoring when the third out is recorded before the batter-runner obtains first base. I could spend the time to write it all out for you, but you wouldn't understand it anyway.

You must have one heck of a nice clown store to buy your uniform and equipment from there in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I'm wondering how you can get down the line to cover third with those big funny red shoes. Wait, I forgot, you don't go down the line. You already told us you like to camp out on the plate.

Tim.