View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Oh Please do TATTLE

1) "That would put you in a very select group of umpires who would allow interference to occur without penalty."

Remember the Clemmons-Piazza Allstar matchup. Roger threw a broken bat towards the dugout. NO INTENT -> NO PENALTY from a very select group of MLB umpires.

2) "I wouldn't brag about that. If it's interference, it comes with a penalty."

Please explain which player was recentaly penalized by RULE similar to NCAA 8-5-o. Limit reply to post-2000, and try not to quote more than half-dozen REALISTIC sitches. US less-experienced folks should have plenty of examples to put in our back pocket.

3) "Try to stick with the play that EVERYONE ELSE is discussing. The batter did not toss his bat backwards."

That's right, he tomahawked IT backwards toward the 3B dugout. 1B is in the forwards direction. But I can't figure out if it was vertically or horizontally. I will let you decide. He didn't hit the catcher. He hit the ball.

I don't know how many feet from the catcher's hand, but I guess F2 flinched. The catcher NOW flinches everytime the batters walks, trying to get one of you EXPERTS to BUY the INTERFERENCE CALL again. He just loves positive reinforcement.

4) "It's only foolish because you were shown to be wrong with regards to the application."

NO Winy. You added so many changes to the damn play that the batter actually did interfere, a simple call. He probably swung late in anger, threw the bat, raised his arms, pointed his finger into the catcher's face and yelled out some profanity because he hates 4-0 counts.

5) "Who cares what odds are involved?" Gamblers!

6) "Baseball games are filled with fluke plays that involve uncommon activities."

Sounds like organized cheating. Are you serious about that? That was really weird, still HOT AIR, now turn yourself in.

7) "Your comment about laughing and dancing about getting a good break is ridiculous. It happens all of the time; maybe not on your tee ball field, but I see momentum swings all of the time. Coaches are allowed to laugh and celebrate good fortune. You did know that, didn't you?"

I agree, YOU most probably are COUNTRY music fan and a hit with the ladies. Those dance halls are definitely rockin' past midnight. The dudes dig the long ball and I hope YOU wear protection behind home plate.

8) "Travesty of the game? Please find that illustration of this play in any pertinent umpire manual; hurry, before the others start laughing at you some more."

I thought you knew the rule. You wrote it remember. You want drawings? Now I really wonder about its validity.

9) "Keep changng the play and putting words in our mouths. The words that matter are all there in black and white - we wrote them long ago. You've been informed that you were wrong and you keep proving how little you actually know. Did you notice that you are standing alone? Keep enforcing those imaginary rules.

Now that's interference.