Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 08:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
In FED, they are required to pick a box they want to bat from and stay there for the duration of the at bat. The exception being, if the defense brings in another pitcher and he decides he wants switch around. Say the batter is a switcher hitter and they replace a right hander with a left hander. He cannot switch just for the sake of switching. This was the way it was explained to me.

The rule is there, but I was told to grant this exception to the batter.
Back to creating rules from thin air I see.

Please find this exact rule in your book and post it here. If you're correct, I'll mail you money.

And he CAN switch just for the sake of switching, as long as he doesn't do it while the pitcher is ready to pitch.
Okay Stinky, how much can you afford to send me. See Rule 6-1-1. Refer to Casebook 6-1-1 Situation F.

Try 7-3-1. To me, it implies there are only certain times the batter may leave the box, and when he doesn't he must keep one foot in the box. So explain to me how he can switch just for the sake of switching whenever he wants.

In 7-3-3, if the batter does it when the pitcher is ready to pitch, he is declared out.

And if it continued to happen I would consider to envoke 3-3-1g: commit any unsportsmanlike act to include, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (please read book). I consider this to be a travesty of the game.

Now if you let your games get out of hand like that, your just one weak @$$ umpire. Argue all you want, but you got to admit I got you on 6-1-1.
Since you stated PONY, let's deal with the ruling for that case. PONY uses OBR except for local rules like minimum play or max innings for F1.

Make you check payable to a favorite charity