View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 07:37am
Huck Finn

Isn't it funny how those athletes relatives are always "really good."

Last April I went home (Las Vegas) and reffed an Easter tournament. A certain traveling team from a Chicago suburb played and one of the players father used to be a pretty good basketball player. They did it up: Jordan game into the gym through the back and his son came in after his teammates (there always seemed to be a guy near him (bodygaurd)). I think it could be pretty intimidating to be wearing a Jordan sweatsuit, coaching Jordan's son and then have Jordan in the stands behind you. He (Jordan) didn't say a word or cheer at all. I wasn't really excited about it. On the other hand, it that would have been Magic I would have been like a school girl at a Michael Jackson concert.
I also reffed Jordan's older son at the Nike tournament. IMO, his younger son has more size and is more of a basketball player. His oldest son is cat-quick, smaller and is a reluctant shooter. It also could have been the fact that he was on the same team as Tywon Lawson that week.