View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 14, 2006, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dweezil24
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Guys, I can sometimes be a jerk when it's warranted... but I DID NOT MAKE THAT POST! I've deleted it, and make no claim to that post. I don't know if someone hacked and used my name, or if someone got on here at work and posted while I had the thing open.

I WILL say that the way it's worded sounds like 1 certain someone, and would bet that many here would know who I'm talking about... but OTOH, that guy normally lurks on the baseball side, so who knows.

I'll be on the lookout now...

To the OP, yes, you award what the runner would have gotten without the OPS, regardless of whether they attempted to go there or not. A runner could trip rounding first and break an ankle, on what would have been a home run - you still award home even if they don't even try to go to 2nd.
Oh man, sorry about my response then, no harm, no foul. Wierd.

I was sure I made the right call at first, until I read this in the LBR/OBS thread:

"baserunner must still run bases legally after an OBS"

which made me wonder if the runner had to attempt to continue on in order to be awarded the base.

But then I figured out that staying at 1B is a perfectly legal way to run the bases, so the BR would indeed get 2B.

If the BR had attempted to run the bases in reverse order and was OBSed by F5, then they are running the bases illegally and no OBS will be called, duh, I get it.

Thanks for something!