View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

This reminds me of a situation I had a couple weeks ago. Home team is up 3 with about 3 minutes to go before halftime. They spread the offense and the point guard holds the ball at mid court. One of the defenders starts to come out to guard him, and the V coach gets up and tells his players to get back. Home team has 2 other guys spread wide near the top, and they make a couple little passes in the interim, but no serious defensive pressure is applied. I was Trail on the side opposite the table, and I couldn't help but just spit my whistle out and start laughing a bit. With about 30 seconds left on the clock, one of the guys on the wing throws a pass back to the guy in the middle. Pass is a bit high, goes off the player's shoulder, into the backcourt, and out of bounds on my line. I had to hurry and throw my whistle back in to make the call. It was pretty damn funny though.

I still haven't decided who I was laughing at, the home team for stalling that long with only a 3 point lead going into HALFTIME, or the visitors for not playing defense on it. Funny $hit though.