Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Walsh
Quote:
Originally posted by ASA/NYSSOBLUE
The REAL pressure should be put on the major SPONSORS of the Olympics - especially Coca-Cola - the Olympics gets more $$ (or Euros if you want) from Coke than any one source - letting THEM know this is unacceptable. If Coke and a couple of the other major US sponsors had put more pressure on the IOC,MAYBE they would have listened!
That is an excellent idea.

Mike
I disagree. Do you really think these political appointees actually give a damn about Coca Cola?

(snip)

I believe the only way to influence the IOC is to hold a World Cup Championship Tournament in London at the same time as the Olympics and draw off the international attention given the games. If the IOC believes softball is not a worthy, international sport, how can they complain? Any network not contracted to cover the Olympics (I'm thinking the Mouse with an ABC/ESPN connection), would grab this opportunity in a heart beat.

(snip)

[Edited by IRISHMAFIA on Feb 11th, 2006 at 10:40 AM]
Not bad. But money talks. How about a combination of the two? With corporate sponsorships' help, an alternative competition could work. The AFC never would have made it to the NFL if they didn't have enough money to last long enough to be noticed.

Mike