Thread: Two Questions
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 03:56pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
>>are all hard to some degree<<

What in the world are you talking about?

Go to a running store (or, I think even Sports Authority sells them now) and look at "Sof Sole" brand insoles. Report back to me how "hard" the ones that are designed as cushioning soles are.

Now, if your foot needs a motion control shoe, you do not want to purchase the same insole I use, as its cushioning will be too much. Likewise, I don't want to purchase a motion control insert as it will likely be too hard. Remember, that there are different kinds of feet and also different insoles.
Nothing like quoting, not even really quoting, me and taking it totally out of context! You used the term "custom insoles" or "custom inserts" and I gave you the benefit of the doubt; the sentence before you "copy-and-pasted" mentioned orthodics. Now I will not give you the benefit of the doubt - tell me what brand of "custom" insoles/inserts you are referring to smart guy? I know of only one off hand and sof-sole ain't it! How can something be custom that you go out and buy in a package? Now orthodics (thanks Tony), which I thought you were referring to, can be custom and are HARD. I'm not going to say it must be nice, but I can only imagine it is easier to have over-pronation as opposed to under-pronation. I was just trying to share some things I've learned through many years of pain and also endorse what Bktballref said about Spencos, since I discovered how good they are this season. Sorry for trying so share, I w i l l s p e a k s l o w e r n e x t t i m e ! !