View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 03:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Durkee
I have no idea how these things work. Do IAABO interpreters communicate and/or work closely with NFHS? Might Peter Webb have consulted with NFHS before reporting his interpretation? Are they, in any way, competitors for money or anything else?
Let me put it to you this way. Mary Struckoff is the Editor of the NF Basketball Rule Committee. Mary Struckoff used to be over the IHSA Official's Department. She left that position to take on the position she currently holds with the NF. Mary Hickman is the Executive Director of the IHSA. Hickman once sat on the NF Basketball Committee and has known Struckoff for years when both of them were just Assistant Executive Directors in the IHSA Office. If Illinois wants and official ruling, she is a phone call away as well as our state is right next to the state where the NF office is located. I am sure the people at IAABO have great ties and work with the NF. I know that if our state wants something clarified in many sports, we get the information straight from people that work together or people that know each other very well. If any of these plays were a problem here, we would get a ruling about them through our Official's Department which would get the information directly from the NF. So this ruling would not apply to people in Illinois unless they felt the NF had not been clear at first and then asked the NF for clarification. In basketball that would be a call to Mary Struckoff. In other sports it might be call someone in the office. I am sure there are IAABO members on the NF Committee and have similar access. It is just that these plays might have been an issue in this region and not an issue in other areas. So the interpreter for IAABO decided to share what they found out.

Peace