View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 06:58am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Durkee
I have no idea how these things work. Do IAABO interpreters communicate and/or work closely with NFHS? Might Peter Webb have consulted with NFHS before reporting his interpretation? Are they, in any way, competitors for money or anything else?

Peter Webb, is both the IAABO State Interpreter for Maine and the State Interpreter for the Maine Principals Association (which is the member organization to the NFHS) which is the StateHSAA for Maine. Peter spent two terms on the NFHS Basketball Rules Committee, and is considered by many to be the formost rules person regarding NFHS basketball Rules. He is also the Laison between IAABO and NFHS.

MTD, Sr.
And any interpretations that he makes are still not valid outside Maine, as Nevada alluded to.

You forgot to add that, Mark.

JR:

Being and IAABO Board rules intepreter is no different than being the rules interpreter for any local basketball officials association. An interpreter is an official who has studied the rules in detail, knows the rules, casebook, and officials manual forwards and backwards, as well has an understanding of the history of how the rules have been developled.

I would also say that since he served two terms on the NFHS Rules Committee and still represents the Maine Principals Association (a member of the NFHS) to the NFHS Rules Committee, I would say (as well as many other people who have positions of authority in the various StateHSAA's around the country) that Peter Webb is the formost expert on NFHS rules in the country.

And from Chuck's telephone conversation with Peter, it sounds like Peter gave the same interpretations that I gave per the NFHS Rules.

MTD, Sr,
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio