View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 10:44pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I just got off the conference call and I brought up a couple of situations that we've discussed recently involving double fouls.

1) Team B scores. While A1 has the ball OOB for the throw-in after the score, A2 and B2 foul each other at the same time. Does Team A retain the privilege of running the endline?

Peter Webb's answer is no. The ensuing throw-in is not the result of a score, but of a double foul. This is not a common foul, therefore the throw-in is from a designated spot.

2) A1 and B1 create a held ball. The alternating possession arrow favors Team A. While A1 has the ball OOB for the AP throw-in, A2 and B2 foul each other at the same time. Will the arrow be switched after the resulting throw-in?

Peter Webb's answer is no. Team A never completed its AP throw-in and the ensuing throw-in is NOT an AP throw-in. Therefore, the arrow is not switched.

The call ran long and I did not bring up the question about the varsity player that dunks during the JV halftime. I think that we hashed that one out pretty well on the forum, tho. No T, right?

Just passing it along.

Isn't that what I said?

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio