Thread: End of season
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 11, 2006, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Last night was my last game for high school this season. I had a good game with upbeat and supportive partners.

I had seriously considered not returning this year after last season. Last year was my second year and was not a growth year, mostly because the assignor gave me too many games with the same partner. (One who isn't much of a teacher.)

We had a new assignor this year. He gave me a better mix of games and partners. He had me work "up" a few games, always partnering me with some of the better officials. I really felt like I grew as an official.

It doesn't hurt that I had a good game last night. I called some good fouls (one of my weak points yet) and made some other good calls. Then on my way home, my husband shared some funny statements from a less than knowledgeable parent. Made for some good laughs.

I'm sharing so that you veterans realize how important your attitude is for keeping the new officials.

So, I'll be returning for one more season at least. Got to get one more season from my new jacket.

Rita