View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
Quote:
Originally posted by Time2Ref
Crazy V,

Just a suggestion:

Consider making two reports. One for your personal records. (put everything that you remember in it. Don't let anyone else see it. Then settle down, relax (you have to be feeling all kinds of things after that mayhem. That was not your fault). Then, write the report that you will submit. Make sure it is short and sweet. Only the things that you saw, not what you felt.

At 14 years old, I assume you are a student. Ask your (what would you call it in your country? We call them English teachers) your teacher to look at your report and help you out to make it consise. It appears that the information you give will end up in a police report and you may even be asked to appear in a court case. At that time, the defense attorney will try to rip your report to shreds. That attorney will try to make it look like you are the criminal. (You are not. You are the referee) The less said, the less ammunition he/she will have.

In other words, make your report the same as when you referee. Only call the ones you see, and call them like you see them.

Remember, this is not your fault. You have no control over what these crazy fans/coaches/players do. (It's an old saying that my parents used to tell me: "Look at how hard it is to change yourself and you will relize what little chance you have of changing someone else")

And once again. Many people will try to tell you what to do. Consider their suggestions, then decide for yourself. Anybody can write anything. It is up to you if you believe what they write. (Including what I have just written).

Make the report, forget about it, and move on.
The fun thing is that is exactly what I did I started writing down evrything for my own record directly after the game, then I went to sleep and school, after that I went home, made the "real" report and had my parents read it (scince they had no idea about the details, if they understood it anybody would)
Now I'm working to forget it, it's in the hands of the diciplinary people on the association and the police, and I'm off for skiing in two days so I'm just looking forward to some time away now :d