Thread: Two Questions
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 09:49am
Huck Finn

Same thread, different subjects (I'm lazy).

1. Does anyone have any particular habits/rituals before a game?

I have plantar fac*** (however it is spelled) and finally found something to help with it during games. I tape my feet. There is a method to tape for this and I don't really like it when a trainer does it because it is too tight and I can't move as well as I would like. I have adopted my own method of taping and it works well for me. I use Spenco inserts too! The best inserts around IMO. I have 3 different sets of custom orthodics and they have all hurt in some form or fashion. They are just too hard sometimes and hurt for other reasons other times. Now, my feet don't hurt after games, whether it is two games (regulation) or one college game.

2. Have you guys seen anything like this? One of the boards I belong to has an MO that bothers me. Since coming to the area I have noticed a love for the traveling call. Years ago, I was told "don't let traveling be your best call." Not the case with this board. I have heard and witnessed guys crucify someone for missing a boarderline travel - an ant as opposed to an elephant - but say nothing of a crew who does a HS game without any off-ball calls in the post. I know it isn't mandatory to have calls like this, but it isn't mandatory to have traveling either. I just think a lot of what we are supposed to call in the post isn't being called. I have a game tonight and I think the over/under is 5 traveling calls, minus me. I probably can't describe this observation well, but it is real and it baffles the mind. Even some guys from the other board I belong to have said something to me about it.