Thread: Shirt Tucked
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 09:35am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:
Originally posted by AZ_REF
I use reverse suspenders. They clip on to the bottom of your shirt and either go under your foot or clip to your socks.

That can't be comfortable. How tall are you? I'm 6'1" but I get the long shirts. No problems with them -- but I am one of the ungodly infidels who wears a belt.
These are widely used in the military. If you see someone in uniform and it looks like something is constantly pulling on their shirt, this is it (although they are actually called "reversed suspenders"). They sound worse than they are; once you get used to wearing them, you never notice. The kind that attach to your socks are probably easier to get used to but they can come loose from your socks and you will have to adjust them if you wear different lengths of socks. the kind you put your foot through are sure to stay on your foot, but they must still be secured to your shirt or you could have something flapping out the bottom of your pants! Oh, but I don't wear them for basketball, I tuck my shirt into my compression shorts and/or tights. For those who wear McDavid compression shorts: wouldn't you like to have some that have a string in them to tie? Maybe they have some that tie and I don't know about them.