View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 09, 2006, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Hello all. Long time visitor, finally registered. Thanks to all who have posted before. Now to the news...

Had an 8th grade sectional last night. Two great teams, packed gym, good crew. Everything looked to be a great night. Then, the main scoreboard went out. We had the smaller one, but the one with the fouls, et al was inop. My partner and I gave a minute or two to try to fix it, but to no avail. So, we tossed and went through the 1st Q. At the end of the Q, I was T and could barely hear the horn. Oh, great. A close game, loud fans, and I can't hear the horn. No shot, so no worry. But, I went over to the bench and said "We can't hear the horn, so be ready to help us out on good/no good (table officials were not affilated with any team playing, so no worries there)

Long story short, the game finished on a great note. Hard play, and a comeback that made it interesting. Never had a buzzer beater, but every time we were on the far end, we always had to look back real quick to see the clock. We finally said that the Lead would have some say in the matter as well, since he could see the clock, but the final decision was Trail. But, never happened, so no problem.

The best part was, and didn't really realize it until it was over, we had a lot of fouls on one team and not the other, however, the fans couldn't see it!!! Not once did we hear "Even it out!" The only catch was making sure on bonus, or when close, and fouling out. The Table did a great job on that part.

The conclusion is that a great table crew is as good as a fancy clock. Don't ever worry when one goes down.