View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 08, 2006, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

I strongly differ with the assertion that there were 4 blown calls in the Super Bowl. I think that most of the "controversial" calls were correct. I maintain that there was 1 questionable call (the BBW on Hasselbeck - I can't tell from replay if he actually contacted the blocker or not - but even if he did, that's not usually a call you make on a player trying to make a tackle), and 1 wrong call (not one mentioned much, actually - I think the no-catch/fumble by Jerramy Stephens was wrong. But Walrusman didn't challenge it, so we didn't get to see 10 replays of it).

2 wrong calls out of over 1000 decision points? 99.8% success rate. You'd fire a guy with that kind of accuracy at your job? Sheez.

You mentioned other games. I agree the Pitt-Indi game was a particularly poor showing. I didn't see the others you mention.