View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 07, 2006, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Improvement has to start at the bottom. Hooper, you seem to want improvement so bad then you need to be the first to get involved and become an official. We've already stated that the High School level of officials is running dry. Once the well runs out in High Schools, then where are the colleges going to get officials from who in turn feed the NFL with officials. If their not "good" in high school, do you think they will be better as college officials? No. Not every official has what we prefer in officiating, but since we are short of officials we have to use what we got or there is no game. Somewhere, right now there is a future NFL Super Bowl referee who hasn't yet began officiating. He's some average joe who is a fan of the game. Could it be you? It just might me. Step up to the plate and give it a shot. You'll enjoy it so much and money will be the last thing on your mind. I'd bet half of us would do this for free. Most of us here are just high school and college officials and you can look at the history of our posts and see that we are "full time" officials. The NFL officials put in much more time that that. I clock in more time on officiating discussions than I do my real job. (shh, don't tell my boss.)