Thread: Huum
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 06, 2006, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pats4Life
Well I Guess That Being a Football Fan who isn't for either team, and someone who is well versed in the game of football and Not a Blind Zebra Makes The Facts inadmissable. Its Better for The Officials to sit up on their pedestal like nothing happened.

Think about this instead of the Talk being the Wonderful Story of Pittsburgs Championship, We're talking about wether or not the officials had influence in the game.

For you to discount my opinions, and thats what the are, on the basis of my official or nonofficial status is Pompas and what is wrong with Sports today.

If you delete this than thats your rite, but it is also my rite to voice them.

A knowledgable football fan.

Dave Laliberte
Fort Pierce, Florida

Dave, you are way out of line and are forgetting one thing, this is a form for football officials. Most of the persons that post on this form have years and years of on the field experience, playing and officiating, at both the high school and college level. We learn from observing, critiquing and discussing game situations and other official’s performances. We might not agree with what others say, but we respect their opinions as fellow officials.
You coming on to this form and making remarks like “Blind Zebras” and “Its Better for The Officials to sit up on their pedestal like nothing happened” or calling us Pompous, shows that you have no respect for us officials.
It’s easy to sit up in the stands or in front of a TV and criticize. It’s harder to get off you backside and do something. If you are as knowledgeable and well versed in the game of football, as you say that you are, why don’t you take a class get your permit and join us on the field as an official? We are always looking for good people to lend a hand. Maybe we will see you working a AAC game in four years and then SB 45.:-)
BTW When you post on a form owned by someone you are a guest on that form. The only rites that you have are the ones given to you by the owner.
Dale Smith

[Edited by Dale Smith on Feb 6th, 2006 at 11:09 PM]