View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 06, 2006, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

To all coaches...I think you will find that most officials aren't really listening to you. I know I try to ignore everything except what is happening in front of me.

I can only think of one time when a coaches comment(s) impacted how one of my games was called. My partner and I had a good pregame and I thought things were going very well. He was "letting the play" more than I early on but we got on the same page rather quickly.

Early in the second period my partner came over during a time out and said that both coaches were complaining about not getting the same call (they both wanted the bumping in the paint to stop). He suggested that should probably watch for it a little more then added "Maybe we are letting too much go...it's at least worth considering. Let's talk to them more off ball." We did that the rest of the period (and called a few fouls).

In the third quarter, both teams cleaned it up and we didn't hear anything further from either coach...except for the fact that one team left with a loss, everyone left happy.