View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 05, 2006, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fonzzy07
Quote:
Originally posted by RefTip
I was officiating 6th grade boys tournament at a local school . This was the 1st game of three that I was to do and they had a rule of no back court pressing until the last 5 minutes of each half. Well as you know, sometimes we forget these " rules " especially in the first game of the day. A player engages in backcourt defense with about 10 minutes left in half and I miss it . The coach of the affected team ask me about it and I'm honest and say " coach I'm sorry I missed it , sometimes I forget the backcourt rules ". He nods and say no problem . Then I hear a parent in the stands at the top of her lungs say " Can you believe the ref doesn't know the rules ". ( Understand she has been howling all game : 3 seconds , over the back , call a foul etc....) At next dead ball I talk with the coach and tell him that he will control the parent or I will . We had no further incident. ************ Here is the kicker *********** She is my daughters 8th grade volleyball coach. She is a teacher at our school and a paid " coach ". You would think she would know better than to make an a#$ of herself. Oh well, just venting .
I wish I came across those type of coaches even everynow and then
You'd have to start working volleyball then, but I'm sure you'd run across her.