View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 04, 2006, 08:54pm
Official Forum Member

I found this and it appears to show that NFump doesn't know what he is saying. From MLB.com

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************************
A batter is out when (h) If a whole bat is thrown into fair territory and interferes with a defensive player attempting to make a play, interference shall be called, whether intentional or not.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************************

I would think that this should put the issue to bed. The catcher threw a baseball that hit the bat which was in fair territory at the time. Windy/WWTB seems to know far more than a couple of you guessed. Now, I'll await the flames from those of you that think that MLB doesn't know their own rules.