View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 04, 2006, 07:03pm
Official Forum Member

I Can't Kill IT

As for the pro-ball ruling, NFump has already quoted the PBUC manuel on page 1 of this discussion. Ball remains LIVE. It was determined that there was NO sufficient intentional purpose for ruling interference, nor an OUT on either 3B runner or BATTER/runner.

As for the NFHS discussion, I must bow out of that BARD. I am sure YOU should clear up this matter on the pre-paid-portion of this website. I would be very surprised if it differed from PBUC.

I KNOW that the replies get longer and MORE PERSONAL. Yet only SEAM to repeat previous historical FLAMES from past-deadend discussions on this site and others such as McGriffs (stay away). I did see some unusal creative flare for the grammatical from both ends of the discussion; so I will not rule on them as batter or runner, nor runner nor batter (smile).

Lesson 1: Don't get overly-involved, don't kill the play and don't become OOO smitty. Let the results speak for themselves. It is the catcher's obligation to make a good throw to third base; not one that hits a bat, nor a helmet, nor a BIRDEE three feet away.

Lesson 2: Don't bail out the defense everytime a train-wreck occurs with the offense. You may rule interference, or obstruction, or "I've got nothing" and let the play live on.

Lesson 3: If your working with a partner who opens the trap-door to interference, walk away with the confidence that he nailed it. Eject another coach if it makes you feel any better. I rather move on and PLAY BALL without obstruction.

Lesson 4: If the defensive coach ask why you ruled as you did? Tell him you were facing first base after BALL FOUR and that you did not see the throw to third base take place because little Reggies butt-head got in the way and unintentionally blocked your vision of the play in question.

Lesson 5: In fact, the catcher was facing third base after BALL FOUR and HE did not see the flying bat unintentionally blocked HIS vision as he threw the ball into the bat in the play in question. "I've got nothing" and will allow the play live on.

All I needed to read was page one. Let me quote, "NFump, Member, Registered: Jul 2004, Posts: 54
You're welcome.