View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 03, 2006, 06:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
As a scorer

I have had this siutation come up from both ends.

I have learned to just let me copy our team into your book and yours into mine. Then we don't have to worry about "I copied it wrong" and making one team look like jerks because their scorer copied it wrong and now they are benefiting from that.

At a home game, the manager copied it wrong into our book. I simply said whast his number and changed it - to me its Busch league to penalize a team because of a managers mistake. Of course I made the mistake once on the road (actually it was wrong for the previous game when our coach copied it in, and then I just copied it from the previous game). Of course the people blew the horn and got us a T - but they waited until about 2 minutes to go.

We got them back next year, when they messed up, and I knew it before the game, I didn't say anything until after the tip.

My point is officials don't always know when its wrong, because alot of the time scorers understand each others mistakes, its kind of a fraternity, and we just work together to keep the problem in the books and not on the court.