View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 03, 2006, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Back to the freethrow not attempted and how to handle the play that occurrs issue.
A1 has two free-throws coming, after the first B1 takes ball out of the net and throws outlet to a teammate. Other players do not participate at first then think they missed something and start participating. Official blows whistle and brings the miscreants back. What do you do with the second free throw. (Official knows the whole time what is going on.) However the clock operator doesn't and started the clock.

The rule seems to indicate the official has to clear the line and resume at poi even there was no official error.

I don't like what I am understanding and hope I am wrong.
"The ball remains in play", how long is that. A team might shoot a half courtshot and take just three seconds. In two or one a team can get the rebound. What and how long is remains in play.

Doesn't the rule give the power in this situation to the clock operator?

[Edited by SamIAm on Feb 3rd, 2006 at 05:37 PM]
It's the official's judgment -- since you indicated "official knows the whole time what is going on", brign the players back and reset the time -- the oficials will (should) have definite knowledge of the time.