View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 03, 2006, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
I haven't given a presentation to high school kids but I have for Junior high kids. I went over the basic mechanics for fifteen minutes and then we played a game similar to family feud. We broke up into two teams. We played in the gym and I ran the clock for twenty minutes. I made a video of vioations/ penalties etc... from a video I ordered from NFHS. I gave each kid a toy whistle.

Two kids would stand in front of the TV while I ran the first clip. The first to recognize the violation/foul, blow the whistle, and give the proper signal and call would win. The first player on his team would then get the opportunity to answer a rules question for one point. If they got it right they got another quetion for one point. If they missed the first question the other team got a chance to answer the question for one point. Then the next two would go to the TV and on and on until the time expired. The kids enjoyed it and several did express further interest in officiating.

[Edited by mcdanrd on Feb 3rd, 2006 at 02:31 PM]