View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

You have still not quoted a rule that allows for me to call this play based on intent. A PBUC procedure states that you can penalize intent. JEA and J/R don't touch it. Again, how do you prove intent on this play. I don't, I call the batter out because his actions caused the problems. But then again, you love to dance around the actual call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Like I have previously stated, if you want to judge intent on this then go ahead. That's what you're arguing anyway Windster. You keep bringing up that it's impossible to tell whether he intended to hit the ball or not. That's the whole point. If you don't know you can't call it.

Bull****, I can penalize him because his actions hindered the play of the catcher - interference, sit down. If you can't make that call, I know why you are polishing the tee for your next game.

Much like not seeing the tag, if you don't see it you can't call him out. By the way, I'm the one saying there wasn't any intent, so you tell me where it says he aimed the bat.

Einstein wannabe, that's my point, he wasn't trotting towards first when he carelessly flipped the bat behind him. He stood in the box and directed the bat towards the dugout, directly in the path of the catcher's throw. Any umpire worth his salt knows that contact doesn't have to be made to call interference. In this case it did and the call was made easier because of it.

Oh, another point you're wrong about, I said high school aged players not boys. Now you've sunk to outright lying to try and prove......what?

You were held behind in school, right?

I made fun of the fact that you said you were umpring high school age players. Most of us will say we are calling Varsity, Juco or College. Unless you are trying to hide the level of ball why choose those words? We know why, because your Pony games qualify as high school age. Society doesn't refer to 13-17 year olds as men, so they are boys. Many high schools have deans for boys and girls, not men and women. If you go to most any high school athletic site they will have their sports listed as 'Boys Basketball', 'Girls Volleyball', etc. Then again, we know why you are funbling over this one...you just got caught again.

It's too bad that you can't see how silly you sound. My original post stated that it is impossible to determine intention on this paricular play. I further stated that this action is penalized accordingly. You seem to have a problem with reality. Much like the mobile home comment, you sound like you are defending why you married your sister. "Hey, she's pretty and rich. You guys don't know anything." Yeah, we actually do and it comes from many years of not working 'high school age players'. Stick with that one, it's really funny.

[/B][/QUOTE]