View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Question

Going into my 2nd year umpiring next year on a certified level, 5th year overall.

I was on the plate for a 14-15 Jr. Babe Ruth game. My partner had a couple of bangers out in the field, the last of which I felt might have been the other way (it was a call at second). Well the coach runs all the way out there like a bullet from a gun. My partner says a couple words back, maybe too aggressive, and trots into the outfield to wait out the start of the next inning.

The coach comes back to the dug out, I'm standing on his dugouts line. He hasn't done anything to me, but I know if he says a word to me, I'm not going to take it. As he passes he says "oh boy". I dismiss it as frustration, and nobody else heard it, I'm not going to toss him, yet.

He gets back to the dugout, and I hear from somewhere in the dugout "Hey Blue, you gotta help your partner out there". I turn around survey the coaches, pick out the coach who I feel said it, and toss him.

I have no clue who said it for sure, still don't know if I got it right. But somebody needed to go, right?

Funny thing is he said he wasn't leaving "Its a public park". I told him I had removed his permit to be here. We will not restart until he leaves my sight and sound. He stands behind a bush and says you can't see me and I'll be quiet.

Idiot...

But can you toss the manager without knowing for sure he was the one who said it?