View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Oh No You Didn't?

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL

Excuse me. Do you take everything for what you think it's suppose to mean would make it right?
Uh... what? I'd love to argue with you some more, but the grammar is so convoluted in this sentence that I can't even tell what you're trying to say.

Quote:

If a sign says, WET FLOOR, do you take a piss in that spot?

If a sign says, FINE FOR HUNTING, do you set up camp and start shooting at everything?
I suppose the intent of these non-sequiturs is to imply that there's more than one way to read things. OK, this is possibly true... so, then - what exactly do you think the PBUC meant when it included "thrown bat or helmet" in it's explanation? My bad, I suppose, but I naively assumed that when they said "thrown bat" that they meant a "thrown bat". Apparently you assume something else, so - what do YOU think they meant by "thrown bat"

Quote:
And, why would he throw his helmet? He would need that to run the bases.
I don't think it matters WHY he would throw his helmet. It matters that IF a player threw, discarded, etc his helmet, that this rule would apply. I'm not sure why you think I need to come up with a reason why he threw his helmet.

Quote:
If your going to buy those cheap tank tops, I hope you don't look like some of the tanks that wear them. Talk about Silence of the Lambs.
I have no better reply to this than "WTF are you talking about?" This may be the king of all non-sequiturs. If you can attach this comment to our conversation, please elaborate.

If you can't come up with something non-inflammatory that answers some of this, I'll go back to my policy of not feeding the trolls.

I apologize to everyone else for causing PWL to post this. It's entirely my fault. I knew better, and fed him anyway. Sorry.