View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Why can't you just admitt that you didn't know a batter becomes a batter-runner after he receives ball four?

I'm glad I provided you with enough information that you were able to open up a book and do a little research for yourself to see that I was right.

Please tell me what the refference was about in your last post where you mentioned a batter-runner didn't have to go to first immediately. I fail to see what that has to do with what we've been discussing.

First you said a batter is not a base runner until he's on base. Now you say this:

Hmmm. no mention of baserunner must go immediately to first.

Which one is it?

"I suppose you consider yourself to be superior to most everybody on this forum and others, because you can pick up any reference manual and post some sort of case play.

No, just superior to a rookie from Texas posting as PWL.

"Now for case book play 7-3-5 Situation I: With a runner on 3B and one out, B3 recieves ball four for a base on balls. B3 takes several steps toward first base and then realizes he is still holding onto the bat. With his dugout on the third base side, he stops and tosses the bat in front of home plate towards his bench. As he tosses the bat, F2 throws the ball to third in an attempt to put out R1. The ball contacts the ball in mid-air and is deflected in to dead-ball territory. RULING: The ball is dead. Interference is declared on the batter. If R1 had been attempting to steal home, R1 would be declared out and B3 awarded first base on the base on balls. If R1 was attempting to return to to third base on the play, B3 is declared out for interference.

Huh? This is a different situation altogether. Now we have a batter-runner carlessly discarding a bat. In the play we've been discussing the batter-runner didn't do aything unusual to create the hindrance.

"I suppose the way you would word it is R2 is out interference. Is that what you mean?"

Again, huh? There's no R2 in the FED caseplay you just cited, and there was no interference in the original play in this thread, so how do you get to calling an R2 out at all.

I apologize for appearing disrespectfull to your Grandmother. I'm sorry for your loss. I only intended to show I have no respect for you.

Tim.