View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Re: Re: Re: Re: Which One?

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Slingblade, you didn't read the post correctly. I said base runner, not batter runner. You also become a batter runner when you put the ball in play
Yes, you did ask why we were referring to the player as a batter-runner in the following quote.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Why is everybody referring to the player as a batter or batter/runner?
You did ask why we were all reffering to the player as a batter or batter/runner right here did you not? The following was my answer.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56

Because that's what a batter is after he completes his time at bat. Duh.......

Tim.
Then you came up with this little gem.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Where in the ruling does it say the batter completed his time at bat?

I bet you got wore out in dodgeball!!!! [/B]
This is where I told you exactly why we were referring to the player as a batter/runner. He had completed his time at bat.

Everyone here but a few rookie's knows that you don't need to see it written in the ruling to understand that as soon as the batter received ball four he had legally completed his time at bat.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
You got to get on base before your a base runner. Damn son, pull your head out before it's too late.
This shows once again how little you know about baseball. A batter-runner is a base runner. One of the dumbest things I've seen you write, and believe me, you've written some doozies.

I'll embolden the pertinent part of the ruling so you will be better able to understand why this ruling regards a batter-runner. This will also show you that a batter-runner in in fact a base runner, unless of course you allow all runners to carry bats around the bases with them.

"If, in the umpire's judgement, there is intent on the part of a base runner to interfere with a thrown ball by dropping his helmet or bat or by throwing either at the ball, then the runner would be out, the ball dead, and runners would return to the last base legally touched."

Over all I would say you've made a pretty mediocre attempt to swith the focus to our personal battle rather than admitt the fact that you still don't have a clue about even the most simple rules.

Tim.