View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 01, 2006, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Back In The Saddle,
We've tried hiring the high school kids in the past. Guess we hired the wrong ones cuz once they step on the floor, they get intimidated by the coaches and parents. We even tried this year with a former president of the league's kid, who was in our program for 8yrs and is now a varsity player. He was all gung-ho to start the season but has since swallowed his whistle.

As far as scorekeeper, that have to perform three functions: 1-Start/Stop the clock, 2-Keep track of minimum playing time requirements (every kid must play 2 full quarters and sit 1 full quarter), and 3-Possession arrow.

blindzebra,
I gotta say, for the most part, our parents are pretty well behaved during the games. Much better behaved than I have seen in some of the other sports. We have very few incidents during games. It's the whining and complaining after games to league officials that is bothersome. I may see about asking some of the coaches from the upper leagues about doing some officiating at the primary games. You guys are probably right, using paid officials is most likely a waste of money for that age group. It's a matter of finding other resources that will be tough.

fonzzy07,
Thanks! I like your list a lot. Mind if I use it?

I knew I came to the right place