Thread: Assigning fees
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 01, 2006, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Varies. Many school districts have negotiated a flat fee with the chapter...which may or may not include a mileage allowance. Size of the schools plays a part and obviously the level (varsity/sub-varsity) matters. We also service some private schools who negotiate with the chapter independantly. Some, but not many, have a scale based on the gate.

Minimum is $25 for sub-varsity. I recently worked a girls JV/Varsity double header with a crowd of about 100. Check from the school district was $90 (they broke it down $25 for JV, $65 for varsity)...shocked the heck out of me.

Most of the time, officials are schedule for both boys and girls in a double header (work both JV games or both varsity games). Normally, two games of sub-varsity = $50-$60. Haven't had two games of varsity yet so I can't tell you that total.

We also sometimes give a break for tournaments if it is sponsored by a booster club understanding that for many of them that is their primary fund raiser.

EDIT: Didn't think about the other way...I pay $100 a year to officiate (state and local fees which includes what the chapter pays the assignment secretary). We have one local camp that is free. I also attend a three person camp that cost about $125 (I think...can't remember exactly...it's only money)

[Edited by LarryS on Feb 1st, 2006 at 03:56 PM]