View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2001, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Question

I had a newbie ask me a question yesterday that I found very odd. Both in the fact he sought me out for advice , and for what was said. Keep in mind he was working a MS game, so the coach knowledge might not be there.

Spot throw-in in front of the table. Coach A sends in two subs. Only one kid comes off. Using great preventive officiating mechanics he counts all his players before administering the throw, and sees 6 kids for A. Tells coach A to rectify the situation. Coach B throws a rod, teling him he was causing an unfair situation for his team. His theory was if the A coach couldn't get a legal team on the floor, it was not our responsibility to do it for him and insisted on a T.

I told him he was absolutly correct by getting the 6th man off the floor and preventing a T. This is our job,and we should never knowingly start with 6 guys on the floor, especially at that level. Now he is having a crisis of confidence that the coach might be right. Has anyone else ever run across this?

PS - If it was me in this situation and the B coach demanded a T, I would have accomodated him...