Thread: How do
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 31, 2006, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacodee
Hello All,

Freshman/JV Girls up in the Pocono Mountains, PA. Freshman game went well. Rough play in the begining, but stopped after a few whistles. JV game however, did not go too well. They started rough and ended rough. Both teams were in the bonus at the end of the first period. Now, I don't want to be there all night and run too far into the Varsity game. What do I do??? I kept telling the girls, "hands off", "let her go", "easy ladies" and everything I could think of. Both coaches were complaining that someone is gonna get hurt. I agreed!!!

What would you guys/gals do? How would you handle such a physical game? Both varsity officials said we did a great job. I felt we lost control and couldn't help it. I know there is something different we could've done. But what???

Thanks....

DAC

Sounds like you did a pretty good job. Blow your whistle and be consistant. You said that both coaches told you that someone was going to get hurt, and that you agreed. If it is getting to that point you might want to pull both sides together on the free throw line or during a time out and demand that they clean it up. If the fouls are that blatant and hard, call an intentional maybe a T and that should straighten things up. Sounds like you did okay to me though.