View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 30, 2006, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Originally posted by RefNVa
The other night in a sub-V game; A1 has a break away and is bumpled enough to get the call but I pass on it becasue he maintains balance and continues to the hoop and scores. At the time of impact (in front of A's bench)the coach of A is screaming for a foul, after his guy scores I head back down the court and lean over and say to the coach, "I didn't call the foul because he had a breakaway". His response was, "You're thinkin' way ahead of me!" Ah, life's little victories!
Same situation, Varsity girls, A1 gets a steal, B1 grabs her arm as she throws a lead pass to A2 streaking in for a layup. Coach A screams "FOUL!" as A2 is catching the pass and making the layup. I turn after the layup and ask Coach A, "Do you still want this foul, Coach?" He grins, sits, rest of the game with no incidents. His team wins by two, but they couldn't hit a free throw down the stretch.