View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
>>went flying for a loose ball. the collision was violent. i had a no-call. caught heck from the crowd<<

As one official I worked with my first year succinctly put it, "who are you going to call the foul on and why them and not the other?"

In the old fed books there use to be a discussion about rule concepts after the written rules. One such in particular stated something along the lines of "the contact could be harsh or even violent and still not be a foul." Later they implemented some of those statements into the specific rules.

Is that stated anywhere in newer fed books? I haven't seen it but maybe I missed it.
4-27-2 "ART. 2 . . . Contact which occurs unintentionally in an effort by an opponent to reach a loose ball, or contact which may result when opponents are in equally favorable positions to perform normal defensive or offensive movements, should not be considered illegal, even though the contact may be severe."