View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrao
I alled a T on a coach last night for coming out of the coach's box and on the floor to argue a call. It was just after the buzzer for halftime. He tried to say he was heading to the locker room but he was extremely vocal against us. IMO, he deserved it. He came back on the court with his team with about 2:30 lest on the clock for halftime. He sat on his bench and proceeded to stare me down for the remainder of the halftime intermissiomn. I ignored him and did not play his silly game. How would you handle this? Would you ignore it? Would you warn him? I did nothing and everything seemed to calm down once we started the second half. We completed the game with no other problems from him.
Since it worked out as you say, it was the right thing to do. I don't usually respond to the stare down if it's from a distance. Others whack for this automatically. If I'm correct in piecing together info from this thread and from your other thread, it would have been this coach's second T. I'm not sure that would have been a good move. Sounds like it worked this time. Next time you might have to give him his walking papers.