Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
BZ, BZ, BZ....

You are absolutely correct in saying there were "mistakes" made.

I can't believe you let this bush league Frosh coach b!tch you out the whole game. You are a Varsity Official...you know these lower level coaches are just slightly higher in the food chain than an assitant coach...don't you?

These lower level coaches are used to pushing around lower level officials...you gotta get into the game and show this coach who is really managing this game.

And that, IMO, is where you made your biggest mistake (and I think you know it)...you didn't really want to do the game, so you didn't really get into it. Thus, the problems...you might have just put it on auto pilot and tried to cruise through the game. You were working with a lower level official, and you should know better...you should have worked even harder with this partner. (I mean really...stopping to pick up a ball after the game?)
That'll teach you.

There...do you feel better now...I just beat you up better than you did to yourself.
Actually my partner wasn't a lower level official, he was another varsity official that had picked up both the frosh/JV games. Had it been a sub-varsity official this coach would have been handled differently, but I'm pretty certain that I'd still been filling out ejection paper work.

A couple of examples:

Coach, "Come on, they are reaching."

Me, "Coach, they aren't hitting anything."

Coach, "But they are reaching."

Me, "Reaching isn't a foul."

Coach, "That's the first time I ever heard that."

Later coach, "They hit her arm!" player gets minimal contact as she pivots and passes to a girl who shoots a wide open 3. Shot misses and rebounder has a wide open put back that she misses too, and the ball gets tipped OOB.

Me, "Coach that was a wide open 3 and then a wide open put back, the contact did not disadvantage your player, fouls are about advantage/disadvantage"

Coach, "I don't care about advantage/disadvantage, I want the foul."

To quote the movie "Ruthless People":

Cop #1, "This may be the stupidest person on the face of the earth."

Cop #2, "Should we shoot him?"

You're talking to him way more than I've been told is healthy. Do you always do that? That question sounds kind of sassy, but it's an honest inquiry. I've always been told to never respond to a statement, and only respond once to a legitimate question. Was this one of your mistakes?