View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 27, 2006, 01:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Ok, ok, I'll try. Let me just get it out of my system now. (Deep breath. . .) Dogs, Theo, Johnny, Yankees suck, go Seahawks, lightbulb joke, stict mods, Padgett's meds, cruise ship over the int'l date line, squirrel, midgets, Dan's grumpy, JR's really grumpy, and tomorrow night is pizza and Diet Cokes.
You forgot fishnets....

Seriously, I can understand Bob's point....but the "colour" of this forum is what makes it unique. Roughly three years ago, I stumbled onto this forum via a link on another site, and I've been a faithful reader/poster ever since. What originally struck me was the sense of community everyone seems to have - complete with neighbourly squabbles and the like. Yes, this is an officiating forum, but it's the people that make it enduring.

I have these mental pictures of what everybody looks like - Chuck, Juulie, Rut, JR, Tony, Dan, Mark, etc, etc - and it's like having another group of casual friends on the computer. It's the off-topic stuff that makes it fun.

In the end, the vast majority of the stuff we talk here is basketball. What more can you ask?

Being judicious is fine, but let's not go overboard.